Self-Employed, 2013 – Present
- Led strategic sourcing initiatives for strategic direct, indirect and capital purchases for companies from $700 million to over $108 billion in annual revenue.
- Achieved savings of over 36% in MRO & Safety, 51% in Forklifts, 71% in Propane, 26% in Direct Fasteners, 18% in Corrugate, 16% in Pallets & 16% in Purchased Parts strategic sourcing initiatives at 1 diversified manufacturing company in 2016.
- Led squeeze letter campaign across 250+ suppliers to identify immediate cost savings.
- Interim procurement leadership during multiple acquisition integrations.
- Redesigned capital sourcing process for a $2 billion paper and plastic packaging company.
- Designed corporate savings tracking process for multiple diversified companies.
- Designed internal procurement sales campaign to improve procurement’s influence & visibility.
- Designed and conducted client procurement training sessions.
When the Balloon Goes Up!
Owner, 2011 – 2013
Procurian – Acquired by Accenture
Market Intelligence Services Practice Lead, 2008 – 2011
- Led the spend, realized savings and compliance processes for 22 accounts representing $22B/yr in spend and $600MM in savings across 2,500 initiatives and ~400 monthly data feeds.
- Developed the reporting used at all accounts to communicate spend, realized savings and compliance to c-level.
- Increased the frequency of client spend analytics reporting from annually to monthly.
- Increased the Spend, Savings and Compliance reporting productivity by 50%.
- Led the development of a software as a service product from conception through design, development and to the initial beta client.
- Led a 17-person international team and directed the work of 11 dedicated IT resource
Aerospace Client Procurement Program Manager, 2007 – 2008
- Led a 3-person category management team with an 11-person buying center using FAR purchasing requirements.
- Turned around troubled relationship to extended agreement for 3 years and increase authority.
- Guided client through the sun setting of an e-commerce solution and selection/implementation of the new web based replacement.
- Led account through Tool Sharpening demand management project with participation from the vendor, procurement, engineering and production.
Multiple Account Savings Lead, 2006 – 2007
- Led the savings pipeline development and sourcing process management for 7 accounts in the Oil & Gas, Industrial Packaging, Industrial Manufacturing, Food/ Beverage, Consumer Products and Aerospace industries.
- Led category managers through annual category planning process.
- Developed internal bench-marking product that lead to 50MM in indirect spend budget reductions at 1 industrial packaging client.
- Developed the spend, savings & compliance reports that became the company standards.
- Developed tools kit for sourcing leads’ and category managers’ use to calculate savings.
Program Management Associate, 2005 – 2006
- Led ARIBA buyer training at 12 industrial manufacturing facilities for our largest client.
- Led all supplier implementations at 12 facilities across the US.
- Saved $3.5 MM on a $7 MM contingent labor contract for a discrete manufacturing facility through mark-up reduction, improved productivity and transfer of risk.
- Led sourcing and implementation at midsize 2 accounts.
Director of Logistics & Strategic IT, 2002 – 2003
- Led the integration of Canadian motorcycle, repair parts and merchandise logistics with the existing US capabilities to more than 400 dealerships from US warehouses.
- Saved more than 30% on existing US small parcel and brokerage contracts.
- Reduced warehouse small parts inventory by a 33% while increasing order fill rate from 85 to 95%.
- Developed sea freight container tracking system that provides visibility of product mix and quantities for improved sales and warehouse and national demand management.
- Managed the dealer allocation process based on production restraints.
Solutions Delivery, 2000 – 2002
- Identified the telecommunication networks included in a divestiture of 15 states of long distance
- Led the review of clients billing system to identify and correct irregularities resulting in over $500K of additional monthly revenue and ~$3M collectible receivables
- Created and maintained the process to automate the daily tracking and reporting of nearly 6,000 issues associated with the testing phase of a brokerage website
- Designed and performed integration testing on batch processes for a brokerage website